Scriptural refutations of fallacious arguments attempting to show that homosexuality is healthy rather than sinful.
1. If you say that “God made me gay” then you call God the cause of evil and a liar. But we read in Wisdom 1:13, “For God made not death, neither hath He pleasure in the destruction of the living.” And we read in Numbers 23:19, “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor is the son of man, that He should be changed. Hath He said then, and will He not do? Hath He spoken, and will He not fulfill?“
2. If you say to your neighbor that “It is OK to live a homosexual lifestyle” then you lie to your neighbor and condone, if not encourage, his sin. But we read in Sirach 7:14, “Be not willing to make any manner of lie, for the custom thereof is not good. We read in Matthew 22:37-40, “Jesus said to him: ‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and with thy whole soul and with thy whole mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.'”
3. If you say that “homosexuals love each other,” then you equate lust with love. But we read in Isaiah 5:20, “Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter.”
4. If you say that “homosexual acts are loving,” then you separate the inseparable by separating love and life. But we read in Wisdom 11:25 that all things live and exist only because God loves them: “Thou lovest all things that are, and hatest none of the things which Thou hast made.” And we read in Malachi 2:15, “Has not the one God made and sustained for us the spirit of life? And what does He desire? So take heed to yourselves, and let none be faithless to the wife of his youth.”
5. If you say that “the Old Testament prohibitions of homosexuality are no longer in force,” you call the moral precepts of the Bible mutable. But we read in Isaiah 24:5, “And the earth is infected by the inhabitants thereof: because they have transgressed the laws, they have changed the ordinance, they have broken the everlasting covenant.”
6. If you say that “homosexual acts are natural,” then you say that unnatural acts are natural. But we read in Romans 1:26-27: “For this cause, God delivered them up to shameful affections. For their women have changed the natural use into that use which is against nature. And, in like manner, the men also, leaving the natural use of the women, have burned in their lusts, one towards another: men with men, working that which is filthy and receiving in themselves the recompense which was due to their error.”
7. If you say that “the Bible is wrong to condemn homosexuality” then you call the Spirit of Truth, Who inspired the sacred writers, a liar. But we read in John 15:26, “But when the Paraclete cometh, Whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, Who proceedeth from the Father, He shall give testimony of Me.”
8. If you say that “the Church is primitive to condemn homosexuality,” then you call the City of God and its 2000-year-old tradition uncivilized and erroneous. But we read in 1 Timothy 3:15, “But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.”
9. If you say that “the gay rights movement is just like the black civil rights movement,” then you equate a destructive movement to introduce sin into society with a constructive movement to remove sin from society, respectively.